Sunday, December 23, 2007

I've been tagged!

Ally over at the CatPad has tagged me to write seven interesting things about myself.
Uh, Ally, that's a big number!
Hmmm...
1. I have seriously had hair in every color. It has been from platinum blonde to black, green, red, neon yellow, purple and green (at the same time), orange, etc. It's pretty boring now. I mostly do shades of red or brown.
2. In between having multicolored hair in high school I had no hair. It wasn't a rebellious thing - I asked my mom before I shaved my head the first time and she said she didn't care what I did with my hair, but I should never get a tattoo. (I've never told her about the tattoo I got when I was 18...) I looked damn good with no hair, though I was once approached at church by a well-meaning woman who offered to help poor cancer stricken me in any way she could. I guess she didn't realize that an angel in a long white cotton dress could also be a badass.
3. I have been in a dryer while it was on. In 4th or 5th grade I was playing hide-and-go-seek and hid in the dryer. The boy who was "it" came along and kicked the dryer door shut. Turns out the dryer was ON and I had a little tumble before my screaming made my mom come running.
4. Shit. I'm running out of interesting things already. I have gotten really sedate as I have gotten older. Sadly by older, I mean 26. But I plan on turning back into a swinging party animal when I hit my 60s. Shake things up and scare my kids.
5. I read constantly. My husband says he thought he was a bibliophile until he met my family. When I have the time, I read a book or more a day. I probably end up reading about 200 books a year. I will ignore everything happening around me if my nose is in a book and have books stashed in secret pockets around the house so I can grab one whenever I need to. Sadly, my sister is even more addicted than I am.
6. I have traveled to several foreign countries, all for free! I worked as a nanny during the summers in high school and college. The family I worked for was amazing and took me along on their vacations, enabling me to see Italy, France, London, and Norway.
7. I have bought at least 1/2 of what I own at garage sales. I have bought a front door, a bathroom sink, shoes and clothes, furniture, food, books, cat litter, gifts, etc.
You name it, I have probably bought it. And I am shameless about announcing my deals to the world, even when I know I am being obnoxious.


So, I guess I tag somebody else now? Does anyone want to do this? I've never been tagged or tagged anyone else...so whoever wants to, blog away!

5 comments:

  1. Man, I wanted to shave my head SO BADLY in high school, but my mom wouldn't let me. Luckily, the incredible woman who cut my hair from ages 8-22 (who also did mom's hair) was a total punk in the 70s/80s and thus convinced my mom to let me dye my hair manic panic magenta and turquoise. But it washed out really fast, so that was kinda stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manic Panic all the way! I think it worked best if you bleached your hair first. (I guess shaving my head was for the best - otherwise it probably would have fallen out.)
    It's too bad that once you're out of school shaving your head becomes more of an issue what with jobs and pretending to be a responsible adult and all. Otherwise I'd probably still do it every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man...I wish I had time to read more. I could totally read constantly if I wasn't married....or if I was married to somebody who liked to read. There aren't many things I would change about my husband, but that's one of them.

    Cool post. :) Hope you're having a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave myself a nice buzz cut in college. Not sure it was the best look for me (I have a fairly large melon). But I loved the way I could feel the wind blowing through my hair right down to the scalp. Quite refreshing in the summer... Maybe a look to return to in '08???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, just came across it. I'm quite new to "blog-land". Going through Infertility and Irish also. Sending many positive vibes your way for 2008.

    Take Care - Kara

    ReplyDelete