Ally over at the CatPad has tagged me to write seven interesting things about myself.
Uh, Ally, that's a big number!
1. I have seriously had hair in every color. It has been from platinum blonde to black, green, red, neon yellow, purple and green (at the same time), orange, etc. It's pretty boring now. I mostly do shades of red or brown.
2. In between having multicolored hair in high school I had no hair. It wasn't a rebellious thing - I asked my mom before I shaved my head the first time and she said she didn't care what I did with my hair, but I should never get a tattoo. (I've never told her about the tattoo I got when I was 18...) I looked damn good with no hair, though I was once approached at church by a well-meaning woman who offered to help poor cancer stricken me in any way she could. I guess she didn't realize that an angel in a long white cotton dress could also be a badass.
3. I have been in a dryer while it was on. In 4th or 5th grade I was playing hide-and-go-seek and hid in the dryer. The boy who was "it" came along and kicked the dryer door shut. Turns out the dryer was ON and I had a little tumble before my screaming made my mom come running.
4. Shit. I'm running out of interesting things already. I have gotten really sedate as I have gotten older. Sadly by older, I mean 26. But I plan on turning back into a swinging party animal when I hit my 60s. Shake things up and scare my kids.
5. I read constantly. My husband says he thought he was a bibliophile until he met my family. When I have the time, I read a book or more a day. I probably end up reading about 200 books a year. I will ignore everything happening around me if my nose is in a book and have books stashed in secret pockets around the house so I can grab one whenever I need to. Sadly, my sister is even more addicted than I am.
6. I have traveled to several foreign countries, all for free! I worked as a nanny during the summers in high school and college. The family I worked for was amazing and took me along on their vacations, enabling me to see Italy, France, London, and Norway.
7. I have bought at least 1/2 of what I own at garage sales. I have bought a front door, a bathroom sink, shoes and clothes, furniture, food, books, cat litter, gifts, etc.
You name it, I have probably bought it. And I am shameless about announcing my deals to the world, even when I know I am being obnoxious.
So, I guess I tag somebody else now? Does anyone want to do this? I've never been tagged or tagged anyone else...so whoever wants to, blog away!