Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kiddo

Who can resist creme brulee when it is offered? I can't.
Which is why I am now sitting at home feeling queasy. Too much creamy goodness for this girl.
Bad Io.
I did however get to borrow my friend M_'s 4 year old while she went to, uh... "talk to Santa" and let him know what to bring the kiddo. The kiddo is super cute and smart but very shy. We went to the fire museum next to my office. We were the only ones there, so we got a private guided tour which was tons of fun. The kiddo was very shy and wouldn't talk, even though our guide very gently and expertly tried to get her to respond to questions about what do do in case of a fire. Totally silent.
Then, when it was all over, as I was talking to the guide about what age groups generally did their fire safety program, the kiddo suddenly popped out from behind me, put her hands palms up, shrugged her shoulders, and very earnestly explained to the guide that "you know, some kids might be shy" and so it would help if they had their friends with them. She then proceeded to ramble on for a few more sentences about which friends would enjoy the exhibit, looking very serious and thoughtful.
Kids are so funny.

I gotta get me one of those.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. Last night we went to our local bar and shared appetizers.

    ReplyDelete