Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bye Charlie

I am so sad. Charlie the puppy has gone back home. And I am such a stinky person. When his papa came to pick him up I was hoping he'd not be interested, that he would want to stay with me and A_. But of course, he wiggled all over and jumped up over and over again and gave his papa lots of tiny puppy kisses. And his papa took him away.

It's very quiet in here now without the puppy. And it is pathetic how sad I am over a puppy. I can't imagine being my cousin, who might be forced to send her foster kids back to their abusive mother.

I have been so busy this week that I'm kind of behind on blog reading, but I promise to catch up this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. We must have the same work schedule. I'm sorry about Charlie leaving. It is very sad when they go. Would you guys want to get a puppy -or better yet rescue a dog ;o)- now after this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the puppy's departure. I'm sure he's a good boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid fickle dog. No loyalty at all.

    Any reason you can't get a puppy of your own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Io, maybe it's puppy time!

    I hope your weekend is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sad for your parting with the puppy. I won't say that another puppy could ever replace the sweet Charlie, but yeah- you could get another puppy, if you wanted to, right?

    And I didn't know that your cousin had foster kids and might have to give them back. That SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I've not really talked about my cousin because I don't know her all that well - she's in her early 40s and lives several states away, so unlike our other cousin, we're not close. Her husband had a vasectomy a few years ago (she is a step-grandma - how much must that suck for her) and they tried IVF but it didn't work. They have two adorable foster children and right now the mother is trying to get them back. It must be really breaking my cousin's heart. So I feel kind of dumb being sad about a dog I had for a week and who I knew was going back to his loving owner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure the house seems empty with the wiggly little guy. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete