Saturday, February 2, 2008

In which I am a badass vigilante and Charlie kills a dinosaur

My night got better yesterday. I went out for my friend E's birthday with the girls and we went to a yummy tapas bar. I was the dd. As we were driving away from the bar, we were behind the drunkest person I have ever seen. We called 911 and followed him from a safe distance. He was slowly weaving back and forth, bouncing off the curb, running a red light, almost hitting a car. All going very slowly though, which is good. He must have realized we were following him because he pulled to the side of the road, just in time for the cops to show up and arrest him. The four of us in the car were all quite excited to be getting a drunk driver off the streets and whatnot. We high-fived all around. T was rather disappointed that she didn't get the cute cop's name though.
----------------------------------------------
Oh the puppy.
Unfortunately, we do not get to keep Charlie. He belongs to the guy whose campaign I worked on. He had to go out of town for a few days. Under the guise of being a nice and self-sacrificing person, I convinced him that he should just have me watch his dog instead of kenneling him. It would save him money and be better for the dog. Really, I just wanted his dog. Because he's so freaking cute. I am about to go and give him a bath, because he is a smelly puppy, but first:

In which Charlie kills a dinosaur:




In which Charlie makes sure the dinosaur is dead and decides to take a nap:

10 comments:

  1. awww! I'm so sad he's not there forever! My Chase had a duck that he frequently tried to kill- then lick obsessively.

    Yay for A's bloodwork getting done- I haven't been able to have internet for the last few days so I feel like I have missed a lot!

    I know I am doing this all backwards- but good for you for making that call. frequently think about doing the same thing, but I have only called twice on dangerous drivers, neither of them drunk. I don't think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie's an awesome "guard-dog"! I love how he looks up at you before deciding to take his nap. What a cutie ...

    I've stumbled onto your blog and have just found it so fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on getting the drunk off the road!

    OK, Charlie is just a total cutie pie and love how he "attacked" the dinosaur. I'm sad he is leaving and you don't get to keep him, but I bet Charlie's dad will contact you next time he leaves town as it sounds like you are really papmpering his pooch. What a sweetie you are :-)

    I think animals bring out the kid in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Charlie! Go you for your drunk-drive policing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One must make sure all dinosaurs are dead before letting one's guard down, don'tcha know? Secure the perimeter, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sad that you have to give Charlie back! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie is adorable! I work from home and always offer to take my friends' dogs so they don't have to be kenneled while my friends are out of town. It's fun to have an extra dog for a weekend -- and those are the days when I have zero problem being childless. : P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlie is adorable! I work from home and always offer to take my friends' dogs so they don't have to be kenneled while my friends are out of town. It's fun to have an extra dog for a weekend -- and those are the days when I have zero problem being childless. : P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie is so cute! Thanks for posting those clips :)

    Kudos for your vigilante justice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, is that a cockapoo....looks just like my dog...so cute!

    ReplyDelete