Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Off the couch

I am totally late doing this meme from shinejil, but here goes...
The rules:

Step 1. Reference back to the blog that sent you.
Step 2. Make a list of 5 things you have to get done this week, no matter how small.
Step 3. Get 2 other people off their asses to get their shit in order.

1. Is it cheating to make doing this meme one of the things I needed to do?
2. The dishes. Really, I need to clean the whole house, but doing the dishes will at least be a start.
3. Give Charlie a bath. He went to my BILs this weekend and now smells like sausages and onions.
4. I need to get my butt in gear at work and put our newsletter together this week.
5. I need to do some paperwork for my mom. She is ready to retire and just can't keep up with all her paperwork so I help her. It is just.so.boring.

I am calling on my I-BFFs Anna and Kate to get their butts in gear.

7 comments:

  1. How about I do your dishes if you present at the conference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I'm one of your I-BFFs! Yay for me!

    Hope you're not hurting too badly after last night. I am feeling swell as I didn't wind up drinking at all (no vermouth for martinis, and only garlic olives - blah) and today I went and got a massage. So I'll share my feeling of overall well-being with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ?? How, exactly, did Charlie end up smelling like sausage and onions?

    And yeah, I'll totally do this tomorrow. Funny, it's a "get off yer butts" meme, and I'm already procrastinating with it. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you'd do fine. Just use lots of fun words like hegemony, imagined community, colonialism. Then make up lots of words of your own that make no sense, like, oh, ethnocentriromanticide.

    There! You're presenting.

    Now, please bring me the big blue gloves and get those pots soaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be lots of people at my Easter, but there is no way you could get away with being mistaken for another relative - my family is quite small and they are deeply suspicious of anyone who's not kin-folk.

    That said, you are welcome to come next Easter, or anytime. Since I host all the holiday celebrations, I get to determine the guest list. I would LOVE to have somebody fun at one of these things - we could goof off and get drunk (I would totally drink if you were here!) and make secret infertility jokes. Oh - I just thought of the best idea - we could give all of the dishes IF and reproduction-related names. Clove- and Clomid-studded ham..."Man Gravy" Creamy Scalloped Potatoes ...

    Sorry everyone if I just ruined your Easter dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Charlie.

    I am totally doing it. Everything will have a code name. I'll post it when I finalize my menu and think up good names that suit the things I'm making. The potatoes name will not change. I can promise you that.

    This way, I'll feel your charming presence in the midst of the madness. All thanks to the term "man-gravy."

    ReplyDelete