Saturday, March 15, 2008

Warning: Politic-ish ahead

I am tired and have to go to a birthday dinner for a friend shortly, but I had a great day - I got up early to wait in line with my ticket in hand for 0bama. It was cold out, and we were out there for a few hours, but I was near the very beginning of the line. I got the first seat in the front row (on the end where 0bama entered) and so I got to shake his hand when he came in and when he left. He did a good job of answering questions and was very funny.

In this picture you can see Senator 0bama right after he shook my hand. He is absolutely glowing, as meeting me was no doubt the highlight of his day.

12 comments:

  1. You are so funny! If only he knew what an honor it was to shake your hand TWICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's glowing with that special glow that only the touch of Io can give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ... yeah! Who wouldn't glow after meeting you?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just an incredible speaker. I fell in love with him when he spoke at the Dem Convention in 04.

    You should have told him that we want IF insurance for all!!! Low sperm morphology is a medical condition, dammit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can tell from the shape of his mouth that he just finished yelling "IO!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honor for him to meet you. That is crazy dedication to get in line to get the front corner seat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, undoubtedly. Current and ongoing pool among the congressional staffers? His secret service code name. My favorite? "Rock Star."

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a moment you - I mean Obama - will remember forever. ;-)

    I'm off to Photoshop myself into that pic ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Io Glow is a special glow. May it carry him forward to success in this election. It's awesome that you met him. I stood in line for several hours to get his book signed last year, but I never got to the front b/c there were too many people and the bookstore cut the line off. However, I talked someone in the front of the line to taking my book with him, so I do have a signed copy. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before you went I was stupidly jealous of you for getting to meet him. Now I've got my priorities straightened out - I'm jealous of him for getting to meet you.

    ReplyDelete