Thursday, April 3, 2008

Give a little love

You know what? I have a lot of crap in my house. And by crap, I mean stuff that is no good to put on ebay. After all, I very much doubt anybody wants thirty tubes of half used lipstick that don't look good on anyone of any complexion. But I dug around a bit and somehow managed to come up with a couple of items for U.T.E.R.U.S. (C'mon, you know you want to bid on my Oscars program and my wall sconces.)
Although I am poor as a wee church mouse, I have a wonderful partner who spoils me and who does have a j.o.b. (That's right, he got a job as a real live lawyer! Go A_! Tune back in on May 9th to see what happens with the bar exam.) I drink beer do work that I get paid for as well. As much as I whine and boohoo, I will at some point be able to save the money for IVF. In fact, if I weren't such a financial stick in the oh-my-god-we-can't-go-into-debt-what-if-you get-stricken-with-death-or-the-IVF-doesn't-work-and-we- still-have-to-pay, we could theoretically do IVF right.now on a payment plan. But Cali doesn't have that option because she has chosen to do the right thing and take care of her grandmother. I certainly hope that when I am an old lady who farts loudly and talks loudly and has loud purple hair that if I get ill, I will have a granddaughter half as fantastic.

So I know that you are all taking part in supporting U.T.E.R.U.S.
But to sweeten the deal a bit for those of you who haven't *quite* gotten it together, if you post here in the next two days and let me know that you have either donated to the ebay auction or directly to Calli, I will pick a random commenter and send of box of my favorite chocolates from The Best Chocolate in Town. (Edit: I'm sure they can't be as good as the ones Mel makes for Purim, but they are pretty yummy and you can watch them making them. So they are *almost* homemade.) I will make sure there is a piece of toffee in there too.

14 comments:

  1. Can I enter? I'd like to enter. Please. And thank you. :) This is a rockin' idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tempt a pregnant woman with chocolate and toffee. HELLO?

    I'm in. I'll post about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just filled out my form and sent it to Jen and Mel. I'm donating 4 new sugar scrubs from Backyard Soaps (that's my biz).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. Chocolate. You are cruel and unusual in your torture, my friend. I have not much time nor money right now to find something for the auction, nor could I have your prize, even if I were to win.

    Cruel! Cruuuuuuel.

    Oh, except for the fact that you already sent me an awesome surgery-recovery package. So, I should just shut the hell up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll find something to donate, and if not, I'll bid on something, or just give, straight out.

    (^The above being the remainder of my comment that got cut off when I hit the "publish" button. Me and Blogger have been going at it already today. He better not make me smack him down...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a hard time finding anything good to contribute as well. I'll have to dig deeper into the closet. ;) I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for less than 3ing me on your blog! (I returned the honor to you as well as some other deserving blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A got a job already? That's FABULOUS!!!! Finding a job as a new lawyer is no easy feat. I'm so glad he's getting such a quick start. (I didn't get my first full-time lawyer job until 9 months after I took the damn bar. Grrr...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all ... Yay A_! So happy about the job.

    Next, I will def have to come up with some shtuff to auction. Dangling chocolate in front of me only inspired me to do this more! :-P

    Finally ... I totally had that Phil Collins song in my head when writing my last post! Crazy minds think alike?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did send Jen and Melissa an email last night. I actually read about U.T.E.R.U.S. on your post first so be proud. I love your chocolate idea but as much as I want to be included I will decline. I am trying hard at my low-carb diet to date. How generous of you to make it all more fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to A_ on the new job! I expect to see him giving commentary on the nightly news shows any day now. :-)

    Off to look for something suitable to put on e*bay...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I wanted to donate, and you reminded me into it. Just donated one thing, looking for more.

    Congrat's to A on the job. Good luck on his bar results. . .sooo stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to A!

    I donated ad space in this first round and I'm collecting tangible items for the next round. So enter me because I lurrrrrrrrrrrve chocolate.

    ReplyDelete