Kara has tagged me for a meme:
4 things I did 10 years ago: (1998)
Shiiit. I was a junior in high school. Once again I am reminded how young I actually am - I was 16.
1. I went to Italy. I nannied during the summers from age 14 until I finished college. This was the first summer I spent with a family I worked with for four summers. They had two little boys this first summer. They had another boy the next winter. I got to go all sorts of cool places with them on vacation.
2. I made my favorite pair of pajama pants. They are HUGE (so they still fit) drawstring pants made with (what else!) alien surfer robot fabric. A_ hates them with a passion but I will not get rid of them. They are super comfortable.
3. I went to prom at my boyfriend's high school for all of an hour before we decided sitting in Perk*ns until 2am was a better idea. My mother mortified me completely by coming in to talk to me while I was getting ready and saying, "If you make one mistake tonight, don't make two. Use a condom." And that was the extent of my parent-rendered sex-ed. (I did not have sex on prom night - I stayed a virgin. Aw.)
4. I shaved my head for the last time. (Senior year, I just buzzed it.)
4 things I did 5 years ago: (2003)
1. I graduated from college. Fuck. I should have stayed as long as possible.
2. My roommate and I convinced my little brother to buy us a pool table. He had the money our grandmother had given all of us kids, but he had a full-ride scholarship, so he didn't need to spend it on tuition or housing. (Instead, he spent it on p0t.) We convinced him that since he lived in the dorms and we lived in a house off campus that he could come over whenever he wanted in exchange for buying us a pool table.
3. I got engaged. I visited A_ most weekends (or vice-versa) and we would read the NYT on Sundays. I was flipping through the paper and found a section he had made that was a section all about us getting engaged. As soon as I saw it and started to get confused, he proposed.
4. I spent countless hours with my roommate sitting on an old pew on our wrap-around screened-in porch, smoking and reading. And drinking.
4 things I did yesterday:
1. Went to work, where I was completely fuzzy. my boss kept asking me things and I would have to say I had no idea what the answer was.
2. Took a short nap after work.
3. Went to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant in the ghetto with A_, his brother, and our friend R_ who is back in town for a few days before she leaves for India. She moved to California over the winter and I miss her.
4. Curled up with Charlie and Thomas and KD on the bed.
4 shows I love to watch
Um, I really don't watch much tv.
Meet the Pre$$
Thi$ Week w/ George S.
Various Law and Order incarnations
and during the summer, my one reality guilty pleasure - So you think you can dance
(I watch this with my friend B_ and we have gotten his husband M_ all into it as well - now we have to tivo so M_ can get home and we can all watch it together.)
4 things I love to do:
4. Get way too involved in various temporary activities so I can run around and complain about how busy I am. And how how next time I am going to refuse.
I hereby tag Emily, Jen and Pepper.
Oh, and I finally got my hair cut this evening. So now it is both red and cut.