Sunday, May 4, 2008

Politickinessishness

(Edited to add pictures)

Ack. I got up super early this morning to go to the filming of Th*s W##k, which was here in Indy today. I got to ask HRC a question about g*s t*x. According to one HRC supporter afterwards who came up and bitched at me, I was "disrespectful" to her. I really don't think I was, but whatever. I'm pretty sure my scorching commentary was hardly noticed.
I got to go home and see myself, because it airs two hours later here in Indy. They shot me from the worst possible angle so I have a triple-de-dipple chin and I was so nervous that my voice sounds really weird. A_ was like, wtf? "It sounds like a voice over! Where is your resonance?" Apparently, I was not destined for the limelight because I both look and sound terrible on tv. Ah well. I suppose I will find a way to move on with my life. Someday.

I did manage to get HRCs signature, so Kate will be the lucky recipient of that - I figured she would appreciate it more than me.
***
After I watched the beginning of the show I had to go back to campaign stuff. I actually got to do some fun stuff today - I went to order the food for the party on election night. We're getting it from this yummy restaurant that has a lot of interesting vegetarian and vegan options, including a vegan chocolate cake to DIE for. The chef sent J and I out free lunches while we waited to discuss the menu with him. Yum - curry chicken apple salad.
***
Now I am off to go pick up Charlie. I think I am going to take him with to the campaign tomorrow - J brought her dog Robert in, so apparently it is allowed.
***
2 more days. Fuck yeah.

17 comments:

  1. hey girl...that's awesome that you are doing so much campaign work...more people should get involved like you. you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate will be thrilled!

    I'm sure it wasn't that bad...but I find it amazing that one of HRC's peeps actually bitched you out. Some nerve...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I checked it was "free speech," not "respectful free speech." Although I'm sure you were plenty respectful anyway. So cool that you got to ask a question on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn,damn, damn! I wanted to see you and missed it! I thought they should have moved the people up closer to her, because having that distance emphasizes her tendency to be too cold, too above-the-people. She dispells that by having people closer to her. My two cents. I think that Charlie should run for something. Perhaps Abe Frohman's job as Sausage King of Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds great! I'm sure I would have had a shaking voice like a school girl if I had to ask a question. Love your hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being snarky to HRC! I'm sure you weren't, but yay if you were! Heh heh heh.

    But seriously, I would've been shakin' in my shoes to have to speak in front of all those people. Nicely done!

    Love the 'do, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks like you got HRC from a less than ideal angle, too...

    Way to work it, Io!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I can't wait to get the signature. Awesome!

    I think everyone sounds weird on TV. At least the one time I was on CSPAN I sounded like a total freak (I mean, way more than usual...). And I totally looked crosseyed, too.

    Mmm. I have an awesome recipe for deep chocolate vegan cake. Yummmmmmmmm. Curry chicken apple salad sounds divine, too! And cool for being able to do some fun stuff for the campaign instead of your usual work.

    AND, best of all, as of this writing, you have ONE DAY LEFT! ONE DAY!!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kara

    THanks for the comment you left over at econ4obama. Drop me a line if you get a chance....it's easy to find my email address....

    Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a rock star! I couldn't live my first dream to it's full potential because of how shitty I always thought I looked on camera. (I was going to be a famous actress)

    You look adorable in the puc though- the hair color really does suit you so well!

    I am off to youtube you- hope you don't mind!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Io - Love the hair color, everyone sounds and looks *different* on TV.

    So jealous of you and Kate both, very cool. Loved the photo of George S, I get to see him speak and hopefully meet him at the end of the month. I had a mad crush during Bill's days in office.

    If you get your hands on the curry chicken apple salad - PLEASE POST. Sounds so very de-lish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Io - I just scanned to see if my response posted and noticed Jonah's post. I'm not sure if there is a different Kara that he is sending his message to- odd.

    Sorry, I don't know him and afraid he has me confused with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I wish more people were getting out to events for the *other* candidate... I feel like all of the Hillary events here were filled with Hillary worshipers, and all of the Obama events were filled w/ Obama worshipers. It's great to get some real discussion going.

    LOVE the red hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to know I'm not losing my mind. Io is a very cool nickname, very indie, very hip and very you!

    What a cool coincidence though really. You don't meet too many, especially that start with the letter "K".

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool you were on TV! How do I find you on YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  16. HEY! Today's your last day of double shifts, huh? CONGRATULATIONS on making it through (assuming you survived today. But then you wouldn't be reading this if you hadn't, so that's stupid of me to say. Oh, well. That's Kate for you...)!!!


    YAY! BACK TO HAVING SOME FREE TIME!!! YAAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FYI - I have been getting a lot of "hate" comments in my blog recently. So I have changed my web address for my blog. If you have my blog linked on your blog roll it will no longer function as I have changed my URL/web address (because my old one had my name on it and I don't want these creeps to be able to find me...). My new URL/web address that will need to be edited in your blog roll is: http://www.infertilityisunfair.blogspot.com/

    Thank you
    ~S

    ReplyDelete