Saturday, June 14, 2008

Show and Tell way down into the post

My god, people! The excitement! What may *seem* like mundane details of my life are actually awe inspiring nuggets of goodness...
Or not. Whatever. It's my blog and I'll wah blah blah if I want to.

I walked into the bank yesterday and with my first step fell flat on my face. I mean FLAT. My face was touching the carpet and my knees had the skin rubbed right off. There were of course more people in the bank than I have ever seen before. One of the tellers called me right over despite my not being the next person in line and everyone warily backed away to let me through. I had no shame about cutting. These people seemed to think it was weird that my response to slamming into the floor was to laugh hysterically, so I figured it was best I left and let them go about their normal-person lives without me.

***

I also scheduled my pap and left a message with records requesting that they let me know what blood type I am. I don't know if I should wait to schedule my consult until I have all the results or not, so I'll call the DE coordinator on Monday to figure that out.

***

Last night I went to see the SATC movie. I had never seen an episode of the show and had heard about the crappy IF plotline, but I had promised my friend B that we would go out and I knew she really wanted to see it.
I guess it was ok. I'm not really a movie snob - I helped found a film festival a few years ago, but I am just as happy watching a trashy romcom as a prison drama from Iran. It was kind of on the crappy end of trashy though. The outfits were fun. And when it got to the line about "my doctor said people get pregnant after they adopt teeheeehhehhehehehehgigglegiggleawwwwwww" I was prepared. I let out a huge HYUMPH! just to let other audience members know that that was BULLSHIT and NONSENSE. Or perhaps they just thought I was choking on my malted milk balls.
After getting to bed late, my mother called at toogaddamnearly this morning to get me up and moving for the garage sales. We didn't go last week because Indiana was drowning in the death storms that have been sweeping the Midwest. (Amazingly, our house has not flooded or lost power. We haven't had any trees down either. We are incredibly lucky - many around us have been devastated.)

We got off to a slow start with the sales...I got a few little things, but nothing terribly exciting. The first exciting thing was a lime green Le Creuset tagine that was brand new for $10. That went to my friend Jen who had joined us for the day. She had wanted one and was thinking about asking for one for Christmas. No more, no more. Now she has an obscure and expensive piece of cookery that matches her kitchen.

I didn't get too much, but I did hit the jackpot at one house - the seller had lots of nice clothes in my size. She'd lost a lot of weight so basically her entire wardrobe was for sale. And she was apparently quite the clotheshorse. I got a *ton* of hardly worn clothes, all with nice labels. She gave me a very generous bulk discount too - I think she was just happy to get rid of them. I also bought a couple of purses from her - a cute blue one and a brand new fake LV one. The LV even came with the little outer bag to keep it in. I'm not sure what I will do with it as it's not really my style, but for five bucks, I figured somebody would want it as a present. I will put it in my "Look! It's-cool-and-new-but-I-don't-need-it" closet.

Charlie likes it but it is either way too big or not big enough for him.


***

Tomorrow we head off to the land of misery. Or perhaps it is Missouri. Either way, because my car is crappity we will be driving with A's brother and his girlfriend in A's VW Golf. A teeny tiny car. For five and a half hours. We will go eat lots of delicious food, see a million family members including my brilliant and beautiful nieces and nephews, and then turn around and drive back. I may be skipping out on commenting, so I promise to comment like mad come Monday.

***

T at Tea and Secrets asked how I would feel if I got chosen as an egg donor and then didn't have my own biological child. A couple of other people irl have asked this too. I imagine I'll be asked this in a psychological screening. I don't really feel any connection with my eggs. Ideally I want my own biological child. And I will be devastated if it doesn't happen. (And then I imagine I will dust my butt off and move on to adoption and have children I love more than life itself and be happy.) But a child that just comes from my eggs doesn't seem like it would be mine. So I'm sure I would be jealous if the other woman got pregnant and I didn't, but I honestly don't think it would be much more than just general jealousy. Probably a little bit different, but not much.
I feel like people expect me to be more concerned about it though.

***

Keep your eyes peeled for something kickass on Monday biznatches.
Some of my peeps and I have been working on something.
And we're going to want you to be a part of it.

14 comments:

  1. The garage sale sounds like my friend Ruby. You didn't go to her house did you? She is a gorgeous black lady with short hair who sounds like the clotheshorse you described. Hmm....

    I guess I will have to wait for the fun on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! You've got a lot going on!

    First . . . Le Crueset for $10?!? I need to get me some of that action.

    And I can't believe you're driving five hours to Misery for one day. Sounds . . . um . . . miserable.

    Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I was going to ask the same thing--$10 for La Crueset!

    Hmmm...I'm intrigued for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big ups, Izzio. That's a helluva road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your little driving adventure :) The garage sales around you sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm you have teh craziest-ass garage sales I have ever heard off. I saw one today and they were selling chipped vases so you did TRES better than me. I guess I need to go to American garage sales for the deals!!! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly sound busy - shopping, driving, falling flat on your face!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog post made me laugh out loud at least three times. Scott kept asking, "What is it?" He just wouldn't understand.

    I hope your knees have recovered and you have a safe trip to Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay you really hit the jackpot at the garage sale. =) I am never that lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness me - I'm going yard sale-ing with you girl! I always end up at the junk sales . . .

    Come on down and join me in the land of Misery - er - Missouri. All the flooding and humidity has helped us grow some prime mosquitos - 'squiters as big as your head!

    Hope your face is feeling better - I probably would've been laughing my head off too. :0)

    Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I came from Kym's blog to yours, hoping that maybe you'd spill a little more than she did, but alas, NADA! You are both evil, and I'll bet Calliope is not better. . .but I'll go check now, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, I'm out of the loop, what movie is SATC?

    We have Cooper in near us too (in NJ) and I looked into the egg donation program. My therapist asked me the exact same question. I didn't have an answer for her.

    I was laughing my a** off at your new group blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be extra jealous if someone else could have my kids and I couldn't. That being said, if I had to choose between someone else having my kids and no one having my kids, I'd choose the former. "Genes go forth and be successful!"

    ReplyDelete