Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Go go Sassy Sparta!

Well, after almost a week, I have my car back. Sassy Sparta needed a new spark plug, which I knew meant something else was wrong, since she just got new spark plugs three weeks ago. It took a while, but finally they figured out that she needed new ignition wires. She is running smoothly and seemed as happy as a car is capable of to see me.

So just under $200 later, we are home and happy. Hopefully after shelling out over $800 in the past month for her, that was the last big repair she'll need for a while.

I also realized that I am an idiot. I thought I had mailed my ED stuff off. Uh, no. It was sitting in my car. I sometimes stick mail in the side of the seat and then forget about it.
This might be why they haven't called. Doh. Maybe I should take off all the parts where I brag on how smart I am. Because clearly basic tasks are too much for me.

Charlie and I went on a nice long walk tonight and we have another planned with a different friend tomorrow. I got a cheap pedometer and am going to make sure I get my 10000 steps in every day. I had done so well for a while with trying to eat right and exercise, but then this summer blew up emotionally and I gained back the weight I lost.
Now I just need to figure out how much walking I will need to do in order to have gelato at the new place I have found...they have pistachio and limoncello. Damn them.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you got your car back. I call mine Ole' Bessie. She's about due a breakdown any day. In fact, probably when I rob that bank I should grab a few extra bucks for Bessie to go with the stash for the meds! Pick me up with Sassy Sparta, K? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been swimming every night to try to loose weight. But, then I calculate how many calories I lost and I'm all "hey I can get a blizzard at Dairy Queen. I am positively hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Sassy Sparta is back in business.

    Gelato in Indy? Where?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, Sassy Sparta.

    Walking in summer evenings sounds lovely...enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Sassy Sparta being healed! I hope she stays healthy for you for a long time now.

    And I'm exactly the same way with mailing things - I inherited it from my mother, and I consider it a true disability.

    I want to come for a dog walk with you and then have some gelato. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting you now as part of ICLW! and Returning Your Comment from Yesterday. :)

    Go you with getting to 10,000 steps! Also Gelato in Indy? They don't have that (or I haven't found it) in Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad Sparta is back on the road. If you feel like taking her on a longer jaunt, come down with your abfab dvds--even though I always want to drink champagne when I watch that show. :) In return, I'll buy you dinner at one of our nicer establishments down here.

    Good news on the walking, too! Very, very helpful for both mind and body. You'll get back on track, I'm sure of it. The pedometer is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Sassy! Go! I'm glad you've gotten your car back, and that it wasn't ridiculously expensive or anything. I mean, $200 is a lot, but for a car repair, I guess $200 is not too bad.

    I need an excuse to get out and take walks in the evening. Actually, I need more time to do things like taking walks. Or maybe I just need to consider taking a peaceful walk rather than punching the walls... hmm. Things to consider...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo for properly functioning mechanical stuff! It's always nice to have your own car back after a week of being w/o it.

    Mmmm gelato. Thanks, Io, now I want some too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came for ICLW. I couldn't resist your title. I am enjoying the view.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! Go Sassy Sparta!!

    Can you do 20,000 steps and call it even for me too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a confession to make. I only read half of The Five People you Meet in Heaven and then couldn't continue. I just couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gelato's considered low-fat isn't it? You should be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Sassy Sparta, oh so sassy!!!

    ReplyDelete