Sunday, August 3, 2008

Show and Tell: Birthday Edition

I hope you all enjoyed my birthday yesterday. I know I did. And thank you for all the nice birthday wishes!

A made me a nice breakfast, then we lazed about for most of the day. My parents went to Colorado on Friday and I dropped them off at the airport. When I picked them up my mom gave me a gift card to Target and a set of little dessert wines.
We drank one of them yesterday afternoon and it was quite yummy.

We went to dinner with a couple of my fantastic friends and then A went to check on the Charlie while the girls and I went to see Mamma Mia!
Luckily, B was happy to be the designated driver so M and I could split a bottle of wine during the movie. The plot is thin, Pierce Brosnan can't sing, the timeline is ridiculous, and none of that matters. It was fantastically fun - we were probably annoying the heck out of the other theater goers with our seat dancing and giggling.
After that we went to sing karaoke.
As you can see from my "noooo...I'm sooooo sober" face, I was a little tipsy before we even made it to the bar.
Outside the bar there was an adorable dog sitting in/on a truck (the window to the rear was open so he could move in and out).


Lots of friends showed up, along with random people from a wedding who tagged along after my friends defected from the dancing.
Not long into the night I moved from tipsy to stupid, but I managed to muddle through Midnight Train to Georgia and at least stand up with my friends as we realized none of us knew anything other than the chorus of Rehab. (Check those bloodshot eyes. Hot, I know.) It was really nice and I got to see some friends I haven't seen in months. The only crap moment was when my friend M was talking to me and a friend who got married last year and just bought her first house. She started talking about her baby swing and asking which one of us wanted it. She has been drinking so I know she wasn't thinking about it (she knows all about my IF and is normally very sweet) but I almost burst into tears because she was being quite forceful about wanting one of us to take it and saying she wanted us to have babies.
Ug.

This morning I woke up to a bit of a hangover, blueberry pancakes (thank you honey), and a reminder that I had gotten presents!
I got a cool bracelet from Barcelona that also had matching earrings:

A cute necklace:And chocolate!

So another year begins...

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice birthday. And the picture of the chocolate is making me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a night girl! You looked like you had too much fun. Love your eyes too, nice and clear. So glad you enjoyed it. Will you mention the swing to M or just leave it? Leave it, she was lit and I am so sure didn't realise what she was saying...hapy belated again. xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun. Gorgeous bracelet. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday, Io! sounds like you had great fun. I especially love the tipsy pix! gorgeous necklace too. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great birthday, tipsy and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time!!! Damn - I could deal with a night out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for a great birthday!!!! Hangover or not, it sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fantastic birthday! I love the jewelry you got as gifts...so pretty.

    I've heard the same thing about Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia, but that in spite of him, the movie was wonderful.

    BTW, nice boob shot, girlie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a fun birthday party! I love the bracelet and necklace too. Best wishes for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay--I'm so glad you had a nice birthday. LOVE the blurry bar pic, BTW...classic.
    People say and do stupid things when they're drunk, but the swing comment had to sting a bit. I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it, but I know how it hurts...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay the picture of the chocolate is tantalizing! I am glad to read that you had a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a kick ass awesome birthday! I really want some of that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, don't check in with WSMS for a few days and you miss getting to give b-day wishes! It looks like it was a blast. Happy year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that sounds like a perfect birthday celebration (minus the sling-pushing friend). I'm sorry for that piece. I would truly like to hear the drunken rendition of Midnight Train to Georgia, though. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. More chocolate money shots!

    So glad you had an excellent birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like fun! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a lot of fun! Good for you! You deserve it! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to another year! Sounds like you had a lovely time. It's been almost a year since I've had a drink, and it seems so foreign to me now. Isn't that strange? You looked like you were having so much fun. (And yes, you remain adorable--and super-sexy, of course--even while drunk!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like an AWESOME birthday!!! Glad you had a good one (and not TOO bad of a hang over, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Io, I found your blog via stirrup queens. I'm an Irish woman struggling with recurrent miscarriage. Please feel free to pop over to www.lackingexpectations.blogspot.com for a visit!

    Belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a helluva birthday. I bet you're a riot when you're all liquored up, because you're hilarious even when you're perfectly sober. I've never been fall-on-my-ass drunk before, but I've always wanted to do it at least once. I'd love to do that night with you if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A belated but hearty HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Io - it can be calculus. I'm a mathlete. :)

    ReplyDelete