Monday, August 11, 2008

These kid things make me tired.

I just ate a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie with cold milk. Yes I did.
Sorry I have been a bad blogger. Last week was boring, then this week has been super busy.

We went to St.L.ouis to visit A's family this weekend. His youngest sister is trying to make it in the music business (she's 17 - exactly 18 years younger to the day than A) and she sings with a group that had a gig at the R.itz. We had a lot of fun going to her her sing and seeing her different outfits.
She is exceedingly goofy and incredibly talented. The dance floor was packed much of the night, though I managed to stay with my martini safely at my table.

On Sunday we managed to get A's mom to make biscuits and strawberries. I would have taken pictures of this traditional artery-clogger, but I was too busy eating.

Then Sunday afternoon we grabbed up a couple of A's other sister's kids, threw them in the car and drove back to Indy. Although A tried to impose a no talking rule (Riiight honey. Good luck with that.) we got lucky because they both passed out at funny angles for much of the drive.
Today we took them to the state fair where they got to ride ponies, see tigers and eat eat eat.
Then we played guitar hero, made cookies and cuddled with Charlie.
I will write more later but for right now I'm going to go pass out.

20 comments:

  1. Whew! Fun and crazy exhausting! Sounds like it was awesome, but I know what you mean about the tired. My best friend was here on the weekend with two of her kids, and it just makes everything more complicated and more tiring. Even when you're doing pretty much what you would do on your own. They are soooooo cute, though, and it looks like they are having a blast with you. When they're not giving themselves spinal injuries by sleeping in the car, that is.

    And yay! You're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cuties! Sounds like you guys had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Souds like you guys had a terrific time. They are so cute. I would have hogged guitar hero cause thats how much I love it!!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one brave woman, Io. I hope you are having a marvelous (if tiring) time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is younger sister on YouTube? Can we listen to her sing too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had TONS of fun! What cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm. Coookies! Fits right in with my diet!

    Man, those kids are just so frickin' adorable. Exhausting, yes, but so worth it, I'm sure.

    Hallelujah on the biscuits and strawberries- one of my favorite ways to consume fat is in the biscuit form.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm. Biscuits and strawberries. I want to impose a "no talking about food I'd want to eat" rule. Will that work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG they are teh cutest things ever! And the cookies and biscuits thing is pure torture as I sit here at my desk with nothing to eat!

    What a super duper fab sounding weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun weekend and I'd be totally exhausted as well! your nieces and nephews are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAAAAY too cute kids, man! How exciting, maybe A's sister will be famous someday soon and we can come back to this post and say we heard it first at your spot. Sounds like you had some fun....

    ReplyDelete
  12. WTF?! They have TIGERS at the state fair?!?!

    (grabs purse and runs out to the car)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you've had a great, crazy week!

    I must go pillage the pantry now in search of a cookie to heat up...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've missed you, but I'm glad you're having fun with the kiddos. Your family is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such cuties! Hope you're having fun & not getting too wiped out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little guys are adorable! It sounds like you had a blast, even though they tired you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lot of fun...but exhausting. Amazing how driving can completely wipe a person out.

    Cute little rugrats...love the way the one fell asleep in the car! Gives me a cramp in the neck just thinking about it.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm tired just reading about your visit.

    (BTW: checking in, too, to make sure you haven't hurt anyone ;-) ... no harm to report from my neck of the woods either!) Perhaps the Long Island Iced Teas I consumed tonight had something to do with that...

    ReplyDelete