Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Republicans have jumped the 9/11 shark. That video was offensive.
-----

Senator Graham - Who decided to put the gravestones in Arlington behind him on the screen as he said "We are on the road to Victory"?! Doh.
-----

A just pointed out that our friend B would totally be the perfect person to play Sen Graham on SNL. He looks like him. And is gaaay. Not that Senator Graham is.
---------

Oh my. Mother. Moosehunter. Maverick...the video on Palin is...um. Are the Republicans parodying themselves? Am I watching the new Wag the Dog? What?
-------

Drink every time you hear the word Maverick!
-----

If the first word of your video is "Mother" why do you think that we can't scrutinize that?
-------

Cindy and John lied to each other about their ages when they first met...was that supposed to be cute? That they lie?
------

Everyone, speakers and media alike, has used baseball metaphors CONSTANTLY during both the DNC and the RNC. What is with that? Can we find a new freaking sport to expand to at least?
------

Poor Cindy. I actually think she would have done better without a teleprompter. I kind of like her in that way that I can like some Republicans. Nice people, just misguided.
-------

Argh. These video people are missing some key stuff - it was cute when his mom interrupted the serious with "mama's boy" but you know how to temporarily break/set up for laughs.
Wait, am I trying to help the Republicans with my fab advice? I'll shut up.
---------

The video says McCain's not petty. He's above it all. Somebody should have told all those speakers last night.
-------

I get it. He was a POW in a tiny dank cell where he found strength. Presumably by thinking of his country or how to leave his wife once he found a young heiress. Ok, that was low. Even for me.
------

This green screen behind JMac is burning my eyes.
------

Jmac just said she's worked with her hands and nose. I know it was supposed to be knows, but he had an inappropriate pause. I was confused for a second until A screamed "He was a POW! leave him alone!"
Once again, low. But hey - it's been his answer to a lot of tough questions.
-----

He believes in neighborhoods and communities? And I...don't? And if he believes in communities, does he believe in, you know...community organizers?
------

DUDES. He is taking a line Barack did in his speech about replacing old jobs with new manufacturing jobs and gave it again as his own after bashing Obama on it and my head is about to explode!
-------

Meh, ok so he stole a bunch of Obama's speech and made it crappier and added a lot about his being tortured and loving America. Tired. Going to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Shoot, I missed her video! I just love how they want to throw in our faces that she is a mother when it is to there best interest and then scream "Leave her family out of this!" Well, then don't parade them around. Everytime I see that poor little four month old I want to scream. He should be at home in his crib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went straight from work to school (still in class) and really - a video of Palin hunting? And she is now a Maverick. Oh my.

    Parody - exactly. I'm not sure if they are filming the new season of SNL - I sure hope so, they have been given PLENTY of material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit! You just made me and Manny howl with laughter. I didn't even see it, but I know you have skewered everything perfectly. Like a giant cookout of shish-kebabs.

    And I completely agree with somewhat ordinary's comments. Palin is a hypocrite of the worst kind, and so are her defenders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I about growled when stupid Giuliani laughed and scoffed at the idea of Obama being a "community organizer," and the crowd joined in. EXCUSE ME? So now we're going to SCOFF at helping churches and the poor have a better quality of life??? Funny that so many people think McCain is more in touch with his spirituality when Obama has done so much in that arena.

    And funny that they scoff at him doing the very things they say are high on the priority list for the Republicans.

    GGGGGGgggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrr.

    And people who get mad that others take a stab at Palin's lack of experience? What? You can dish it out to Obama but you can't take it on Palin? And McCain's defense that she knows she's close to Russia is very very sad. And by the way.. did they forget that Alaska is ATTACHED to Canada??

    I will be reading. Believe me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Have you seen some of the newer Daily Show stuff? If you haven't, check out their website. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete