Friday, October 31, 2008

Fuck Fuck FUCK

Seriously. I love my car. But it is costing way too much this year, the year that I have no fucking money.
My wonderful amazing way too generous boss decided my tires were crap (which they were) and is buying me nice new ones for Christmas. (He's buying them now before I crash and die. He wants me to keep coming to work.)

I took my car in this afternoon top get the tires and asked them to check my brakes too because a couple days ago my brake warning light came on (and then turned off).

I just called to see if my car was ready to be picked up yet and apparently my front brakes are shot and I need new rotors, something about my suspension is about to fall off or something, and I'm leaking steering fluid like mad. The guy was really nice about and told me he hated to ruin my Friday like this.

A isn't getting called back about jobs. A couple have said they might not be filling the positions after all, but most have just ignored him.

Happy fucking Halloween. I hope y'all get the treats, because I am apparently getting the tricks.

EDIT: So the estimate is about $1700. And the mechanic is a nice guy who ushers at church with my dad, so I know he wasn't bullshitting me. I pathetically started crying right there at the counter with the two mechanics trying to console me that it was just a car, not the end of the world. I drove home on fancy new tires in a car that is about to either lose braking power or steering. I'm going to see if my neighbor who runs an illegal garage out in the alley can do some of it cheaper.
And then after I get home and grab a beer to cry into, I see that I have a letter from Kara and a package from JJ. (Filled with chocolate, a cool magazine, lip balm, tea, and presents for Charlie! The chocolate saved me from eating all the trick or treaters chocolate, so I'm sure if they knew what she did they would be grateful as well.) It was exactly what I needed to calm down and stop hyperventilating. I will survive. It's just a car.
I can't thank all my blog friends enough. What would I have done this past year without you guys?

27 comments:

  1. Ughhhh! I hate spending money on my car! Especially at times when I don't have any. And that's usually when they break down.

    I hope your weekend ends up much better than your Friday.

    Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ain't that some shit. Sorry, love. So much crap all at once is hard.

    On the bright side, it is Friday which means it's time to break out the happy hour. And at least your boss is wonderful.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats crap. Your boss is great huh?

    I hope your night gets better so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks big donkey balls. Things must start to look up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to have that same black cloud when it comes to cars. Hope it works out for you!! But it seems like you cashed in, in the boss department!! Way to go! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left you a comment on my new blog post. If you want, Kyle can give him a referral for a position at his work. I don't know if Al would be interested and it's not a "sure thing" because they have a big interview process. But if you look at my post about IF insurance coverage, you might want to try it out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you lived closer! (Like within the same state...) Then the hub could help you fix your brakes because it shouldn't be tooo hard or time consuming a job. He used to crank them out at the shop.

    Good luck & Yay for bloggy buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no. I'm so sorry about your car. I really hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That has got to be one of the most stressful and frustrating things. Really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't nice to have a few hours to read blogs and comment! I love Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good fucking goodness. That sucks Io. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BLARGH!

    You can't get an f'ing break. I'm so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Io ... I'm so sorry to hear about all this crap. I'll be sending good, happy, "rich" thoughts your way and will try to put in a good word with the Big Man upstairs (if He's even still taking my calls).

    Sending a virtual glass of wine / margarita your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, crap! I wish I knew somebody who could fix them for you. I hate that this year is such a shitstorm for you. Any way your parents can help you out with advice or a car to use just until you can get yours in better shape?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must be in for some seriously fantastic good things in the future because you've had way too many hits in the past months. Let me know whose ass you want me to kick and I'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yah, cars suck. I very much dislike them. After spending thousands on repair bills we finally bit the bullet and got a new car with a car payment but also a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. I'd still rather not have a car at all though. Good jobby vibes to A... hopefully things will perk up after the election. Everyone seems so distracted and depressed over it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry; this just all stinks. I know it's not enough to replace his old job, but has A looked into teaching LSAT classes? The training isn't too bad (I went with Princeton Review) and if you become a teacher, they pay you for the training time. At least it'd be some income.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ugh- the things that blindside me in the money department are car costs and pet costs. I mean they are BOTH musts, but how the eff do we budget for them?
    I hear layaway is making a comeback- maybe you can get some of the car fixed on layaway??
    heh
    I'm so sorry sweetie.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY for an amazing boss! Boo for a troublesome car!I have a love hate relationship with our car. Good luck!
    Hugs,
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  20. ah man girl, i come to check u out after all this time of my being MIA and read this.. . so super sucks and so super sorry. i wish i could send you some breaks and fluid but if they came from here you'd still be in deep shit. yah for chocolate though huh? miss you xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that sucks! A lot. I hope you find somewhere to get it cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well shitbucket! (That's my favoriter swearword, from the book Secret Life of Bees. Too bad they didn't use it in the movie.)I'm sorry about your car. I wish I knew someone out there who I could get to go out there and fix it for you. Many hugs coming your way--

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry Io, that totally blows. I think you should be our next U.T.E.R.U.S project. I hope you can get it done cheaper. Sending you hugs and right back at you regarding blogland support. You give just as much love if not more, than you receive. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, shit! I'm hoping some miraculous huge sum of money comes your way without somebody dying or getting grievously injured. It really sucks to stress about things that you tell yourself don't matter. But it's your car - it does matter - and it's totally fair to be upset about it. I know you'll be ok but it all still blows chunks, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That just sucks. Car troubles are sooo stressful. It's pretty cool that your boss helped out a bit with the tires. I really hope you get an upswing soon in your fortunes, you both deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet boss! We finally had to break down and trade in our POS car for another. We were shelling out money left and right.. and it wasn't cheap repairs either! It was thousands of dollars everytime we turned around!

    So sorry. Cars suck.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Does your mechanic do any interest free for 3 or 6 month dealies? That's what we resorted to earlier this year when we got slapped with a big bill (to fix a car that's now non-functional, but that's a whole other story).

    I can't wait to see you! I'll bring some more treats...

    ReplyDelete