Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tagged all over

I am just getting tagged all over the place! So this will be my catchup post for all the memes. So if you want to know random things about me, here ya go:

Endobaby tagged me for this:
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood?
Not from when I was young, but my two best friends have been my best friends since middle school. L moved to Indy from NYC to live with her dad in 7th grade and we recognized kindred spirits in each other. D went to middle school with us. He was on the quiz team and in the gifted classes and did Math Counts and all the other nerdy things with us, but he didn't really become a *friend* until the summer before high school. He went to a different high school, but we would spend hours talking on the phone. D's seen me through a lot. Both L&D are still the best friends a girl could have.
2. What do you value most about your friends?
With D- Being able to sit in silence. My mom never understood the way D and I could be on the phone for hours and have these big periods of silence. I guess it is kind of weird. But if you can be with somebody and be comfortable just *being*, I think that says a lot.

So many of my friends fulfill different needs, but I think all my close friends share the ability to just be completely bizarre together. We are so weird sometimes.

3. Are your friends sounding boards?
Yes, and you, my blog friends, are some of the best.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with friends?
Sitting and talking. Or just sitting and being silent because you already know everything the other person thinks and you can just enjoy having their presence.
I like going out to eat or karaoke or shopping, but it all comes back to just hanging out.

Kate, and Anna and I believe somebody else tagged me for this (we are such an incestuous bunch, aren't we):
1. Where is your cell phone? table
2. Where is your significant other? kitchen
3. Your hair color? depends
4. Your mother? me
5. Your father? gruff
6. Your favorite thing? sleep
7. Your dream last night? blank
8. Your dream/goal? happiness
9. The room you’re in? cold
10. Your hobby? incomplete
11. Your fear? emptiness
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Jamaica
13. Where were you last night? home
14. What you’re not? tidy
15. One of your wish list items? blanket
16. Where you grew up? suburbia
17. The last thing you did? cuddle
18. What are you wearing? sweatshirt
19. Your T.V.? fancy
20. Your pet? sleepy
21. Your computer? powerbook
22. Your mood? indecisive
23. Missing someone? david
24. Your car? sassy
25. Something you’re not wearing? shoes
26. Favorite store? thrift
27. Your Summer? gone
28. Love someone? Al
29. Your favorite color? orange
30. When is the last time you laughed? always
31. Last time you cried? days?

And my new ICLW friend Caba has tagged me for this:

The rules are:
1. To link the tagger and provide the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
(Ok, I may have said some of these before, but my memory stinks.)

1. I chew on my lower lip when I am worried. It drives A nuts.
2. In college every year I did my taxes with my friend Mel while sitting in the same booth in an Irish Bar.
3. I would not admit this to many real life friends, but I am voting for a Republ*can this year. (No, not for president! Heh. As if.) Please do not spread this fact around as it would damage my liberal nutjob image.
4. My favorite fair food is a corndog. I love a good corndog with mustard. Oh how I love them.
5. We have not yet turned on our heat despite it being 45 degrees out right now. And our insulation is crap, so believe me, I can feel it.
6. In middle school I would go through food phases, where I would eat the same thing as a snack every day after school for weeks. The weirdest one was my eggnog phase. I made real eggnog everyday for two weeks. Thinking about all those raw eggs now is gross.
7. I do not wear my engagement ring. I used to wear it, but I am always bumping into things, so I would hit it and snag it, so I put it up.

I would tag people, but I am lazy after doing all those.

12 comments:

  1. Woot for the corndogs!!! A little mustard and a hot corndog, doesn't get much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on the corndogs. In fact I am now going to obsess over them all day. My baby needs a corndog in order to exist, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say hey, i miss you and check me in a few days to hear the craziness with my work, it never ends...xoxoxoxo

    oh yeah i love beef corndogs with ketchup, haven't had one in YEARS but love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for your comment. I DO! I DO! I do feel like I have my own cheer squad rooting for me!

    There are not many people in real life who really "get it", so my cheerleaders online are like gold to me.

    I hope that someday I can cheer for you. :)

    Hey, question/s. My husband got a 146 on the LSAT and 30th percentile. That deoesn't seem too bad to me, but he seems to think it is bad. Having a husband who had done that, what are your (or his) thoughts? He is wondering if he should retake it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the info.

    Don't shoot me but, i don't think i've ever had a corn dog before!!
    I might of when i was a kid, i'll ask my mom the next time i talk to her (and i'll let you know what she says). I know i haven't had one since becoming an adult.

    I might have to buy some the next time i go to walmart, do you recommend any type of brand???

    Becky the 30yr old corn dog virgin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of tags! Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great post to come read for a first timer to your blog! I learned a lot about you. (corn dog lover here, too) Loved your last line...it made me laugh.

    Here from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Someone that loves corndogs as well! Everyone else around me thinks I'm crazy for loving "Nitrates on a Stick"!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a fun way to get to *know* you :)

    I LOVE corn dogs. I could eat them like they are my J-O-B!

    :) april

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, god... corndogs...

    I just came back from the evil-deep-fried local dive joint for lunch, and while there, I stood at the counter and debated forever- corndog or BLT? corndog or BLT?

    BLT won, but now, in true Libran fashion, I am regretting my decision. Why, why, WHY didn't I get the corndog? Opportunity costs KILL me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. On my post last week, I mentioned that most of the Diet for athletes: avocadoes, tomatoes, green peppers, chili peppers,
    eggplants and tomatillos. You will lose weight, notes the nonprofit nutritional web site World's Healthiest Foods. There are only three levels which you will undergo in adapting the diet to the growth of strong hair and nails. If better sleep, greater nutrient intake and faster recovery from training are things you'd
    love to have, give it a go.

    My weblog: en.netlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. While we will encourage customers to return to a dealership so they can accelerate more quickly.
    Depending on where you live, if you are really wanting that
    beautiful convertible, that perfect dream car, I'd say go for it, make sure they are as safe as possible.

    Also visit my web site best used car to buy

    ReplyDelete