Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dancing on my couch

It's like 12:30 am and I need to go to bed, but I just want to state for the record (ya know, in case something changes) that I am feeling good. Like, sing the I'm feeling good song feeling good.


It's a combination of a few things (gratitude? s.e. is so good at doing this and I really admire it):
1. I am not sick anymore. With the colds/flu that I got multiples of and then would not go away, I seem to have been sick most of winter. And now being normal again is so different, its fantastic. I can BREATHE people. Oxygen is getting to my BRAIN!

2. The weather. My god, the weather. is. fantastic. It was in the high 60s today. Is it melodramatic of me that I could totally cry tears of joy that I didn't have to wear a coat? I don't care. It was awesome. I can feel myself welling up with gratitude to the weather gods just thinking about it.

3. Our big legislative conference hellcrap is over at work. The legislative session is still going and all that jazz, but planning this thing is no longer hanging over me. And it was fantastic. We totally kicked ass and everything went smoothly. Although I didn't get to go out Monday night after our reception because I was so damn tired. Which is probably for the best. Some of the guys were out until 1am. I'll party at our convention when I'll have a hotel room to collapse into. I am looking forward to it.

4. Speaking of parties with my guys, St. Patrick's day is coming up soon! Beer!

5. I got old school Super Mar*o Brot.hers 3 on the wii and it's terribly fun.

6. Because of this fantastic weather, Charlie and I went over to my friend B's house so we could walk him and her dog/Charlie's friend, Halle Straw.b.erry the C0met D0g. We walked a couple miles to get gyros and then sat out on her screened in porch with tea and chocolate. Is it totally pathetic that I carried Charlie a small part of the way? He got too tired to walk.

7. While we were walking I was talking to B about how I am a worst case scenorio kind of gal. I freak out thinking about the worst possible situations that could happen and compile and A and I will end up living on the streets. She mentioned how positive she is that we will have all the best possible situations happen. It's nice to have somebody who will reach in and drag you out of your self inflicted depression.

8. Speaking of kick ass friends, you know what really makes me happy? I am with my bloggy friends again.


Ok, A just lost again in the desert world of Mario, so it's time to take it to bed.

13 comments:

  1. It's 'bout damned time that your back. I missed your spunk and spark and occassional threats to shank someone. SMB3 on the Wii - hellz yeah! We play all three of the first ones on the Wii as if they were just released.

    I still need your info for the sock exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY you're back and better! Oh I have to get that game now I didn't know it was on the Wii.

    You dance, baby girl, dance your heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you!

    I'm there with you on the being freakin' sick! I've been sick since the beginning of February with one thing or another. It's so frustrating!

    I'm also with you on the weather as it's 'posed to be 75 here which is unbelieveable since last Monday I think the wind chill was 6!

    I remember your St. Patty's day video from last year. You kind of like that holiday, eh? :)

    Did I mention that I've missed you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we are SO happy to have you back!!!

    I really feel like it's all going to come together for you guys. You've had a really rough go of it for a while now; it's time for the tide to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! And I couldn't agree with you more about the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you deserve a serious run of dancing on the couch kind of days, friend. Enjoy it, soak it up, and here's to several more in the very near future!

    An aside about the weather: AMEN to that, Io. The good weather is such a gift after that winter. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for dancing on the couch!! I know wasn't the weather just divine yesterday! More of that is just around the corner! I'm so glad you are back in blogland as well. It just wasn't the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. <3 I am so glad you are back to yourself! Feeling better & then getting a gorgeous day is such a balm for the soul! I am about to frolick with the pups in our beautiful day here!

    Please enjoy a few beers for me on st. patty's- I miss my beer so much! I only have a few weeks left, but I missed all the good beer drinking times this year! Oktoberfest, mmmm. Guiness, yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man, do I ever know about feeling better after a storm (er, mental storm, that is...). I'm so right there with you. Even if it's just a glimmer for a little while, it's nice to have the desire to dance every now and then.

    And oh, yes. The weather is frickin' AWESOME. We started out the week with snow, and today it's supposed to hit the mid 70s. Hell to the YES.

    Every time I see the St. Patrick's stuff in the stores, I think of you. I think, "I wish I could be in Indy for St. Patrick's, 'cos I would love to get ridiculously shitfaced with my Io-friend..."

    You carry Teh Charleh because Teh Charleh is the king, and deserves to be treated as such.

    And yes. It is so nice to have a friend who is willing to be our ray of sunshine when we aren't capable of seeing our own.

    HOORAY for feeling well again. I know so many people who have been suffering the endless respiratory crap lately, and I'm just so glad for you that you're on the recovery-side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You won't end up on the street, because you can always crash in our guest bedroom. :) Whoo hoo! Recession house party!

    Okay, sorry about that.

    I am so so very glad that you're feeling good for so many reasons. The weather is fantastic! Too bad I'm spending most of the day at work in depressing university basements and windowless classrooms. Fun!

    Also great news that the conference work thingy went off well and is over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. The weather here is awesome too. I stepped outside in a coat this morning to walk our dogs, and had to turn around to put it back! I loooove this early taste of Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the image of you dancing on your couch so freakin much! Dude! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I work with Halle's mom! I'm Mel's neighbor Katie with the big white dogs :)

    ReplyDelete