Monday, April 20, 2009

My liver is happy to be back

Thank you ALL so much for your comments about A passing the bar. It's a big step.

Tomorrow I am going to read through and try and comment on all five million posts I missed while I was gone...tonight I am too tired to do much of anything including type up all the excitement. I will just say that I averaged five hours of sleep a night, drank too goddamn much, and the favorite person I met was the driver for the G*bson bus.
Here are some pictures until my brain is capable of forming words.


On the red carpet with fellow juror Joe and art*stic d*rector Brian

The red carpet in morning before they set up. We were eating delicious cheeseburgers on the third floor.

My favorie guy, Don the bus driver.

Last night I decided that if we were waking up at 5:30am I would cut out and go to bed at 12:30. Which worked until these guys bust into my room at 3:30 am and jumped on top of me.
The fest*val had a tent set up for people with all access passes. It had free food and bar inside. I need a magical tent like this in my backyard.

Wait, my liver disagrees.

We went to a party that you had to have a special invite to and all that jazz. It ended up being lame which was super disappointing. I didn't even see Shat.ner. The food was good though.
Joe again, this time in front of a cool car we saw. It got cooler when Nicole K*dman and her hubby got out of it and walked right past us, but they were really just extra frosting. That building in the back was my hotel, which was awesome so we could stumble back without having to call a cab.

24 comments:

  1. gotta give props to the bus driver! i'm glad that you had a good time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! It looks like you had a great time!!

    Now time to detox that liver a bit...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sounds very fun. Worth all the beet juice and wheatgrass or whatever your liver will demand of you over the next few weeks.

    You can skip all my posts--I'm fine. Still looking forward to heading up to see you next month sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no posts, so I'm glad I'm not adding to your homework for the next while. I am fine, too - will update soon or at least eventually.

    How fucking cool is it that you were a juror for a real film festival! You are my hero, Io, and I'm all swoony again the way I was when we first bonded.

    oh, and it seems Shinejil is right about the beet juice - my word verification is "beetibiz".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo cool! And so glad you had a great time! You deserve some fun times lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesomeness. It sounds like your trip was a total blast for everyone (except your poor, poor liver. Mine got a bit of a workout this past weekend as well...). I don't think I've posted anything of consequence, so I, too, give you a You-May-Skip-My-Posts-Guilt-Free card. Of course, you can skip my posts any time at all, so. You know.

    Glad you're back, safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on A passing the bar! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up! Wonderful news...your liver had much to celebrate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a country music fan, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you are back & had a good time! fee; free to skip my posts too... nothing much exciting there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, looks like fun! So glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the comment lurve. I totally love your new do!

    Rest the liver....rest the liver

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been MIA so I just got the news. I am SO HAPPY (and just for you'll I'll add SO RELIEVED) for you both! This is exactly what he needs, not only for actual career advancement, but for his self-confidence.

    YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun man! Youre such a cute little blogger too, I am sure I've told u that before. Yeah for A, how cool is that! Welcome back and hope your liver detoxes soon. Beet juice yuck! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like such a fun time!! Now rest that liver!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where the heck are ya? HOW the heck are ya? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just checking in...where have you gone? Is everything ok?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Uhhh Hello??? Where are you?? I miss ya!!!

    Rebel

    ReplyDelete