Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What? Tuesday already?

I can't believe the weekend is already over. What the hey?
I worked on Friday, then went out with my friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer. Indeed, that asshole she was convinced was *the one* dumped her. I think in a way she was more upset about that than about the cancer. However, when I (and all the other ladies we were out with) offered to go staple his balls to the back of a portapotty she said that he wasn't worth beating the crap out of.
But if this guy ends up in a river somewhere I won't cry.
And I will make sure I have an alibi ahead of time.

Saturday I was feeling like crappola with a cold and spent most of the day in bed. (And then on the couch watching Battle* Galactic@ - we are over halfway through the third season and we are horribly addicted.)

Sunday we went to Cincinatti for the day to visit a family friend with my parents. A and my dad went to a Red's game, where they watched their beloved St Louis Cards beat the crap out of Cinci. My mom, her friend and I went to Ikea and this awesome grocery store where we bought massive amounts of food for dinner. After we ate, we walked down to Graeters, the most delicious ice cream store ever. Sadly, I didn't have dry ice to pack it in and bring it home. I would fill my freezer with this stuff.
We didn't get home until almost midnight and then I went and got Charlie from his best friends house.
Last night was another late night. I went with some of the Local guys up to beautiful Munc*e to attend a council meeting. Their spiteful mayor has laid off a fourth of the f*refighters up there. I won't go into details, but aside from all the ridiculous political crap, it's just not safe. They are severly understaffed.
Charlie came with so we sat outside, which was fine since the meeting room was full and the A/C hadn't been turned on. Afterwards, a bunch of us went out to dinner and Charlie did a great job of hanging out next to us. Of course, these guys can talk and drink beer forever, so we didn't get home until midnight again.

I suppose none of this is terribly interesting, as I have actually bored myself. But now you know what I've been up to.
I didn't want you to get any ideas.


Oh! And speaking of travel. I am going up to Chicago during BlogHer (July 24 & 25)
Who's meeting me for dinner/drinks/girly things/bizarre happenings?

11 comments:

  1. Glad your friend has friends like you! It's too bad it can be so hard to find the right person, you know? I may not be so lucky in the health department (though not the most unlucky, not nearly), but I did luck out with my husband. Hey, we're hitting ten years in nine days. :) (Ten years together, two years married in August.)

    - Molly
    http://roots-andwings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love going to Blogher. I doubt E would go and buy me a ticket. I would so go and have a drink with you. That'd be so much freakin' fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added you as a friend on Facebook... forgot to attach that it was as me. And that IF is really hush hush on my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Battle.star Gala.ctica! Was the best show on TV :).

    And I think I know which grocery store in Cinci you're referring to - and it is the coolest one I've ever been to. I keep telling DH we need to go visit my cousin in Cincinnati so I can take him. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, Cinci. It's the best part of having in-laws who live across the river in Kentucky, if you know what I mean! :)

    I'm so jealous that you're headed to Chicago for BlogHer. I love Chicago-such a fun town. With you there, it will be ridiculously fun! Drink a fun drink for me, will you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish i could meet to hang out.....if you ever come to ft wayne (ha ha, who would ever visit ft wayne for anything).....let me know! we'll have a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish I could meet up!! I want to friend pimp you out to one of my really good pals who is going (& speaking!)

    & my word verification is "panty"
    wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your friends 'boy'friend. what a douchey thing to do! I hate boys...

    I hope when she is ready she finds the perfect 'man'friend. (stupid word- but I think you know what I mean!)

    I wish I could be traveling right now- what better time to do it than when you have nothing but free time, but alas my broke ass is staying put! Enjoy for me, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, I am so tempted to high tail it down to Chicago and hang out with you and our peeps, but I can neither afford it not do I have the days off required. It breaks my heart, though, since it is likely the closest BlogHer will ever get to me, geographically speaking. I have my doubts that they will ever hold it in Montana or North Dakota. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I please go and kick the douchebag's ass? I'm feeling some serious hostility, and I'd love to have a worthwhile outlet for it. Just let me get some kicks in before the ball-stapling. That's all I'm asking.

    I wish I was going to Chicago that weekend. I love Chicago, and I'd love to meet up with a bunch of bloggin' fools.

    BSG! B.S.G.!!!!!! I'm so glad you are as addicted as I am. Good, good, good.

    Ikea. Oh, I just love Ikea. It's just good for the soul, I think. Sounds like you had a kick ass week/weekend.

    ReplyDelete