Thursday, July 12, 2012

Songs that encourage knockupedness

On my post-retrieval instruction sheet we got instructions on going into the transfer. The last line about the transfer says:
"You may bring your favorite music CD to listen and relax to during the transfer!"

I was going to listen to Queen's Greatest Hits CD, but perhaps I shouldn't be thinking about my listening pleasure and instead think of the message I should be sending the embryos. After all, my genes do not need encouragement in the Fat Bottom Girls category.

My friend K had a couple of suggestions:

Reunited
Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited, hey, hey


Just the two of us
Just the two of us, we can make it if we try
Just the two of us, (Just the two of us)
Just the two of us, building castles in the sky nestling in mom's uterine lining
Just the two of us, you and I


Anybody have any other good suggestions?


6 comments:

  1. The Seed (2.0) by the Roots
    (not even kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhEQnkfn3g

    That is all.



    (Okay. That can't be all. That song was just so fabulously bad that I had to share it with you.)

    When my boys were in utero, they loved Chaka Khan, so maybe you can encourage a little implantation with "I'm Every Woman". (I'm every woman/It's all in me/Anything you want done, baby/do it naturally-- might work?) They also liked Fleetwood Mac, so how about, "If You Be My Baby":
    If you be my baby, tell you what I'll do
    I'll give you so much lovin', you gotta love me too
    If you be my baby
    If you be my baby
    If you be my baby
    I'm gonna keep you satisfied


    Of course, these days, all the kids are crazy about Justin Bieber, so maybe you could play that "Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh" song (though really, do you *really* want embryos who like Justin Bieber? I don't know. I can't picture your embryos digging the Biebster, so maybe that one would wouldn't work so well...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always enjoyed listening to Barry White during my fertility procedures. Not only is it fun and funky, but the huge irony gives me quite a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like reading through a post that will make men and women think.

    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

    Also visit my homepage; Si

    ReplyDelete