Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What's going on?

  • So, I did not drive to Cincy to buy wine - I ended up being too tired and coming up with another good idea for my boss's birthday. I got him a Keurig and one of my friends (who works with us a lot and also sees boss man as a hero/father figure/crazy Irish uncle) went in with me on it. After boss man opened it he sat and stared at it, then said "I either love it or I don't want it at all." Two days later he decided on love and spend a crapton of money buying more coffees for it.
  • OK, conspiracy time. Somebody in medical billing has it out for me. 
    • The first bill isn't really conspiracy fodder, it's more just sad-sigh-crapittyfuck: The polyp removal that they refused to tell me the price for because "insurance will cover it" was not completely covered by insurance and I need to cough up $500. I am taking my time on that.
    • Then it gets really annoying: I got a bill for the anesthesia during IVF. Mind you, the day before egg retrieval the nurse was all "Oh, here's the number you need to call to pay for anesthesia" and I was like "What, thought that shit was included in the large check we wrote?" but I sucked it up and called and paid the $550. So when I got a bill in the mail for $823 (that they had tried to run through insurance too - cute) I was pissed. I called and had to convince the woman that *NO* I did not owe them any money. Finally, she figured out that they had me in the system twice and so had listed the bill and the payment in separate accounts.
    • Now I am starting to get suspicious: The one bill I had sort of known was coming but dreaded so I put it out of my mind - the HCG test. Got it in the mail yesterday. $217.85! Yikes! ...But, what is this? The HCG was only $127. There is a second test for Carbmazepine. Which is apparently a test to measure an anti-seizure medication. One that I do not take seeing as how *I don't fucking have epilepsy*. This fact is apparently irrelevant to the billing woman that I talked to (after waiting on hold for 27 minutes - seriously, hire more people). She was quite convinced that I just didn't know what all I was being tested for - like maybe my doctor had slipped me some anti-seizure medication during my IVF cycle without mentioning it. (speaking of conspiracy theories) She put me on hold for several more minutes so she could "check the document" which I assume means they scan lab orders into the system. But...dum dum duuuuummmmm...it was nowhere to be found. At which point, I had to go because I had arrived at school for coaching. She was supposed to call me back and never did, but the RE's office called this morning to tell me that they had talked to her and reassured her that they had not ordered anything but HCG Quantitative.
    • So yeah. If you, scary billing person who hates me, is out there reading this - I am so sorry for whatever it is that I did to piss you off. Probably. I mean, you maybe deserved it. But please stop sending bills.
  • Can I tell you about my baby? When I started coaching speech again M was a freshman and just the gawkiest, nicest kid. He was also awful at the activity. I thought there was no way he would make it. I mean, it was painful to watch him perform. But he worked his butt off and just kept improving. He's a senior now and is amazing. We share a love of poetry and performance. This summer he decided to try doing slam and got invited after his first open mic to compete in a big slam event. A bunch of us went (I am not his only mama) and he ended up getting second and just being generally transcendent. I just had to tell you how awesome he is. 
  • I think there is more but I needs go back to work - stupid busy lately. Work is always cutting into my blog time. Ridiculous.






24 comments:

  1. Ok, this is an exceedingly viable extra source of income for you: insurance warrior. I would very happily offer you a large percentage of all savings if you could get rid of bogus bills for me ;-) Seriously, to the office which both ignored 5 voicemails to please get me a bill so I could put it on JD's flex account before he left his last job (would have made it essentially free for me since the money was there and was going to disappear had the fusspot and I not totally binged on Dora bandaids on the last possible day to file claims. We are set until she goes to college with Dora bandaids), and then sent me a much, much larger bill 2 weeks later ... I wish I could send you as emissary.

    Love the mentoring story. He's a lucky guy to have you as his coach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi i saw your blog ane im intersting in u me be wee come afrinds contacn me on you_me0002002@yagoo.com

      Delete
  2. I loooooove slams! Love. My college-boyfriend was big on it.

    Stupid work getting in the way of my reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your baby! Continued success to him...

    Is it one office doing the random charging? Regardless, I'd be writing complaint letters. I am fortunate to have the best insurance ever (knocking on wood), so I almost never have to deal with questions. I hope nobody f's up our union negotiations and loses my insurance provider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does insurance have to be so ridiculously complicated?

    I don't get why your insurance didn't cover the polyp surgery. I'm pretty sure mine did, and I have a crappy HMO.

    Sounds like you are on top of things though. I have a tendency to just go... duh, ok. If you say I have to pay, then I will.

    Like today we had a benefits meeting and I found out that under the new healthcare thing, all well visits have ZERO copay. I just had my yearly OB appointment, and had a $40 copay. Assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insurance issues make my tummy hurt. I think I recall reading once that you can hire a special consultant just to help you navigate your health claims, etc -- and make those nasty phone calls to billing people, insurance companies, etc. I used to think that sounded crazy. But now I could see.

    By the way, "Carbmazepine" -- I thought that was going to be some delicious Italian dessert pastry thing. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were rightly pissed off. I would be too. Lovely story about M :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am fighting with my former insurance company right now over a really old bill, and am sooooo tired of it. But the insurance company I am fighting with is better than the one I have now, which is charging me a "copay" AND "coinsurance" for every damn visit. WTF?! Medical bills are suckage.

    Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellloooo darling - want to check in - are you okay? Alive? You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, superb weblog structure! How long have
    you ever been blogging for? you made blogging glance easy.
    The entire glance of your website is fantastic, as neatly as the content!


    my homepage ... myvideo downloader

    ReplyDelete
  11. To effectively play and win best prices, player must understand play
    principals first. Afterwards, joust your cash chips on the
    cash desk. Hier kommt es dann darauf an wie fleissig der Schueler ist.


    my webpage; click through the next web page

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be intellectual enοugh to ѕee that your ad
    dοes not go on аir on a unѕeemly show ; a Chгistian book going
    on aіг on а show that іs about hanԁlіng sеxual iѕsuеs wоuld be гiԁіculouѕ.
    Yet another way tο constгuct a device tо hаrnеss energy from raԁiο waves iѕ using an аntennа, connected to а
    serіes of dіodes аnԁ a capacitor bank that is eaгthed.
    This not only allοws listeneгѕ tο listеn tο their favorite
    MΡ3 files along ωith theiг SIRIUS radіo;
    it also lets them digitally record their fаѵorite radio
    sοngs for instаnt playbаck.

    my pаge :: youtube converter
    My website :: please click the next internet page

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For some people, renting those games was another option, which yet again
    burns a hole in their pocket. A look into some of the best Star Wars apps to be found on i - Tunes, including games, fun soundboards, books, and more.
    In our next article, we'll be tackling using SNES4i - Phone to do exactly that - play those old favorites, like Chono Trigger, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, or even Super Mario Bros 3.

    Look into my weblog onlineradio

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you are using firewall software such as Outpost Firewall
    Pro, the paid edition of Online Armor and Kaspersky
    Internet Security or PURE, you can take advantage of using their
    Blocklist feature that will block connections to known
    malicious URL and IP addresses. If the executives promise high traffic then understand you are talking with a
    non-SEO person. This is what professionals do. Out of those 6 keywords, further reduce the number of keywords.

    It's so important because once customers begin seeking your product or service you will want to have favorable words making your search results optimized. If the conversion is higher with a certain keyword or a particular set of keywords, then the SEO vendor can focus on the same keyword to get it ranked high in all the search engines. The tips are as follows:-. When SEO services are working for you, you should always be ready to capitalise on innovations and fresh marketing opportunities. Make buying easy for the customer and they will return often. People these days use the Internet for a varied purpose. Use SEM experts to recognize duplicate content as part of your website, and act immediately to have it settled. The growth management of small business can be accomplished with SEO as an integral part of your overall Internet marketing strategy. '
    Every page should be optimized with additional keywords.
    It's more control than you get In many backlinks and every element of these controls allow you to link a bit more than he would be out of control. This was the beginning of the thought process for my new business. It has been designed especially for business purposes and it holds biggest importance for your B2B online marketing strategy. Have you been looking at your competitor's websites
    to see what kind of keywords they're using. You will not even get to a 1 or 2 until Google has fully crawled your website or blog enough to give it a ranking. The website serves as a way for customers to find the business and be able to see what services are offered. If customers like what they see, they just might go on reading.

    Feel free to visit my site :: click the next document

    ReplyDelete
  16. The fitness tips for motivation we've been discussing can be very powerful if you use them. I spent hundreds of dollars trying to find that "quick fix" or magic solution that would have allowed me to drop the desired pounds and have the perfect body. The problem is that many do not follow through with their fitness plans and thus fail within the first 3 months of starting a new fitness plan or routine.

    Here is my homepage :: www.oresco.org
    My webpage > click through the following post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good blog post. A few things i would like to bring up is that laptop or
    computer memory should be purchased in case your computer cannot cope with everything you
    do along with it. One can install two good old ram boards with 1GB each,
    in particular, but not one of 1GB and one of 2GB. One should make sure the car
    maker's documentation for own PC to make sure what type of memory space is required.

    my weblog; dating classifieds

    ReplyDelete
  18. People sometimes tend to think, “if only I were a celebrity, everything would be better”.
    Also, find one that has includes videos explaining the latest
    news because that is sometimes the best way to
    see it. The singer will not be charged for her public intoxication, but
    her boyfriend was charged a $30,000 bail fee to release
    himself after he was tested positive for driving under
    the influence.

    my website latest celebrity news

    ReplyDelete
  19. And as we all know, too much stress can be harmful to health.
    But be sure to have the old removed first; otherwise the new will not come into play.
    The world will suddenly look a much better place
    to live in.

    My webpage; http://yongyuandepengyou.com/index.php?do=/profile-20588/info

    ReplyDelete
  20. Take a look at your schedule and come of with solutions ahead of time for lunches and dinners out, this
    will give you a game plan to follow. So if you adopt them punctually, you will be surely
    able to gain your holistic health very soon.
    Download Rosie's free report 5 Simple Steps to Fat Loss and start losing weight today.

    Feel free to visit my web blog Fitness Tips and quotes

    ReplyDelete
  21. The news which is telecasting all the information from all the sides of the world is called as world news.
    Yet while viewers will inevitably make comparisons between Diane Sawyer and Katie Couric, they have very styles, as Diane Sawyer has more of a reputation for a 'harder'
    journalistic style. The facility of websites and online
    news are also getting lot of appreciation because it is very
    time saving and people can read it in between their work.


    Stop by my homepage - bizpromotercourses.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just go through the internet and discover the best source to get all these
    humorous images. Some pictures will remind you of your ambitions about your life
    while other humorous ones will relieve your stress
    and make your life more comfortable and easier.
    They love to see only images, sketches or some funny pictures or drawing of
    animals.

    Also visit my blog; really funny pictures and signs

    ReplyDelete